NEW TO YOGA?
Showing up is the hardest part! We will take care of the rest!
WELCOME! WE CAN’T WAIT TO MEET YOU.
Starting something new can be intimidating, but beginners fit right in at Get Hot Yoga! In no time, our studio will feel like home to you too! Our instructors are available before and after class for questions and will suggest specific modifications to help you become acquainted with the postures and comfortable in your own practice. While you are welcome to start in any of our classes, most beginners find the Hatha class to be a good starting point to exploring yoga for the first time.
There are countless benefits for those who incorporate hot yoga in their lives, including:
- Works every muscle, organ, gland, and nerve in the entire body.
- Allows you to burn up to 1200 calories a class and releases toxins.
- Helps to prevent injury.
- Improves lung and heart function.
- Increases muscle tone. • Improves concentration due to accelerated blood flow to the brain.
- Improves blood flow and flow of immune system fluids.
- Reduces stress
- Hot yoga helps to remove metabolic waste, detoxifying the body and supplying nutrients to the brain.
- People who perform yoga a minimum of two times a week feel energized, sleep better and rarely get sick.
- Releases endorphins to relieve pain and improves migraines, pinched nerves, and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Improves mind-body coordination.
- Helps to improve mood and enhanced mental willpower.
- Improves posture
WHAT TO EXPECT
Depending on the class style, our studio room is heated anywhere from 75-105 degrees. We think you will find that our heat is a gentler heat than most hot studios to allow you to move and breathe freely in class! Our studio doors open 30 minutes before class; we lock the doors during class if there is no receptionist in the lobby. Arrive at least 15 minutes before your first class to get signed up! Late arrival/early dismissal is not allowed.
- Come on an empty stomach, but fully hydrated. Drink lots of water!
- Please silence your phone upon entering the studio. We strive to create a peaceful environment where we can detach from electronics to ensure the best, peaceful and grounding experience possible.
- You’ll be asked to leave your bags, phone, shoes and other personal items in the changing rooms or studio cubbies.
- We ask that you observe silence in the yoga room so students can meditate and relax before class begins.
- Most instructors bring their own mix of music to play that compliments the theme and style of class.
WHAT TO WEAR
- Wear comfortable, light exercise clothes that allow you to move freely.
- Wear clothing that you’re comfortable sweating in.
- Out of respect for your fellow classmates, we ask that you refrain from using heavy perfumes or cologne while in the studio space.
WHAT TO BRING
- A water bottle and towel will ensure you’re hydrated and comfortable during class. You may rent or purchase a towel at the front desk if you forget yours at home.
- A yoga mat is essential for each class. If you forget yours or don’t yet own one, you can rent or purchase one from us at the front desk.
NEW STUDENT FORM
Please complete the electronic New Student Form prior to your first class.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What are Private Sessions
Private sessions are tailored specifically to the needs and goals of the student. The students are paired up with the instructor that best fits their needs and schedules. To schedule session email firstname.lastname@example.org. Price may vary depending on the depth of practice.
What is Barre?
Our classes are designed to effectively strengthen, tone and balance the entire body. We offer fat burning workouts that integrate the use of the ballet barre, light weights and various props. Students will focus on form and precision while performing small isometric movements as instructors emphasize basic alignment, foundation, and specific muscle actions. Each class includes several highly effective sequences of toning and resistance exercises with an emphasis on the core, arms, seat and thighs. Each strength section of this workout is followed by a stretching section to create long, lean muscle without bulk. These are challenging, no impact classes that require focus and precision for maximum results.
What is Hatha Yoga?
A traditional hot practice with a set sequence of 26 postures designed to heal, strengthen and challenge the body and mind. This is a static practice of active, long hold postures with resting and water breaks. Some variations to the sequence may apply depending on the instructor. Average room temp is 105 degrees.
What is Sculpt Yoga?
Be prepared for a fun, upbeat, work your body strong class! Transforming traditional yoga postures into a practice with a twist, using light weights to tone your whole body and build long lean muscle while challenging your body and mind. No two classes are alike, so come back again and again and watch your body change!
What is the Vinyasa Power Yoga?
Vinyasa Power: literally translates to synchronizing breath with movement. You will hear breath ques given by the instructor. In vinyasa flow you are flowing from posture to posture, some consider to be dance like!This class will be a 60 minute class. There will be a lot of variation to these classes to keep it fresh and exciting and triggering your imagination in yoga.
What is Yin Yoga?
Yin is a slow flow that stretches connective tissue, tendons, ligaments and muscular tissue. This style uses gravity rather then effort to stretch the body and relieve stiffness in muscles and joints. Postures are passive and done primarily on the floor typically held for 1-5 minutes at a time. The temperature in the room is turned slightly down, creating a meditative and gentle practice. Yin helps to heal and prevent injuries and promotes overall flexibility! It is a great balance to the Hatha and Vinyasa classes in order to maximize your benefits.
What is Fusion Yoga?
Fusion is a smooth blend of Hatha and Vinyasa creating a unique flow where no two classes are alike.
What is the age limit?
As we believe even at a young age, yoga can be very beneficial! We do not have a set age limit, however, students 17 or younger must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. **Please note, instructors reserve the ability to excuse minor students if they appear to become a distraction to class**
No Show Policy
If you pre-register for class and fail to show, a $20 fee will be assessed or class deduction if using a punch card. Please be sure to cancel your class registration 4 hours in advance if possible in order to avoid a late cancellation fee.
ON INSTAGRAM @gethotyoga
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
Log in as an administrator and view the Instagram Feed settings page for more details.
Lobby is also open every day 30 minutes before each class starts. Doors will be locked during class if it is not during reception hours. See schedule page for specific class times.